We’re building an asset management platform to serve the GameFi masses. Everything from discovery, management, socialization, and competitions will be accessible–effectively, a one-stop shop for all things needed to navigate the frontier of Web3 gaming.
In order to make Web3 gaming an inclusive reality for the Web2 masses, onboarding needs to be seamless, games incredibly fun, and asset management a breeze. We want to index on the latter, by allowing gamers to optimize their holdings by consolidating project specifics, whether financial or in-game mechanics, into a single administrative experience. So whether users want to find analytical content, leverage insights to drive opportunistic purchasing behaviour, or lean on portfolio strategies and underlying yield vaults for their assets, there’s a solution for everyone.
We’re looking for a highly experienced and skilled Frontend Software Engineer to help us realize this vision.
- Develop and maintain Web3 DeFi Apps and Enterprise-grade applications using the specified tech stack
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Work closely with the product management team to ensure product features and requirements are well-defined
- Act as a technical lead, overseeing a team of software engineers
- Ensure high-quality standards in software development, including rigorous unit testing, integration testing, and component testing
- Optimise application for maximum speed, scalability, and maintainability
- Stay up-to-date with the latest gaming and gamefi offerings built on blockchain, and incorporate these into our development roadmap where relevant
- Keep up-to-date with the latest industry trends and technologies in Web3 and blockchain to ensure our tech stack remains current and competitive in the rapidly evolving landscape of decentralized systems.
Tech Stack: React, PostgreSQL, GraphQL, Hasura , EVM , Blockchain
- Experience as a Software Engineer working Enterprise-grade projects across DeFi, FinTech, or other Enterprise SaaS
- Experience building software at production scale
- Experience as a tech lead, leading a team of 3+ team members
- Mastery of at least one of the following disciplines:
- Back-end development: Python and TypeScript
- Front-end development: React.js
- Experience with, or understanding of: PostgreSQL, GraphQL, Hasura, CI/CD pipelines (Github Actions), Docker
- High testing standards for yourself and for others: expectation of unit testing, integration testing and component testing where appropriate
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work well in a team environment, particularly in the context of the gaming industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a focus on conveying complex gaming and blockchain concepts to a diverse audience
- Workday must overlap by at least 4 hours with Johannesburg, South Africa
When applying, mention the word CANDYSHOP to show you read the job post completely.