Add to Metamask
For this purpose, you will need to have MetaMask installed.
If you don’t have it installed already, don’t fret. Albeit an easy process, some MetaMask extensions are made by hackers and can be phony and dangerous, breaching your privacy. To ensure that you are installing the right MetaMask extension, check out this beginner-friendly guide on [MetaMask installation](https://metaschool.so/courses/understand-and-setup-metamask-account).
There are two ways to add Zhejiang RPC to your MetaMask wallet.
1. Click “Add to MetaMask” option just beside network name.
2. Once you do that, your MetaMask extension will pop up. Now click “Next”.
3. Then click “Connect”. The RPC will now be connected to your MetaMask wallet
4. The MetaMask extension will pop up again. Click “Approve” as it asks for your permission to allow Metaschool to add the network to your MetaMask wallet
5. Once you have approved, you can either allow Metaschool to automatically switch to the custom network or you can go back to MetaMask dashboard and see your custom network there.
You can also double-check by clicking the MetaMask extension. At the top you can see if your RPC is connected to Mainnet or Testnet
1. Go to “Settings” on MetaMask.
2. Go to “Networks”.
3. Click “Add Network”.
4. Fill the required fields such as - Network name, new RPC URL, Chain ID, Currency Symbol (Optional) and Block Explorer URL (Optional).
Once you have saved the information, you can go back to the MetaMask extension and find the RPC you just added.
If you have added Zhejiang and cannot see it in your MetaMask wallet, follow these steps:
1. Open your MetaMask extension
2. Click on MetaMask icon
3. Go to Settings.
4. Click Advanced
5. In Advanced, turn on “Show test networks” option.
The chain ID for Zhejiang is 1337803
Scroll up to find the new RPC URL for Zhejiang and simply copy it.
Switching networks can be important because only a few interoperable tokens exist in crypto today.
Because MetaMask was essentially created to interact with the Ethereum blockchain, it has Ethereum as a default network wallet when you first download MetaMask.
In order to switch, click on MetaMask icon in the MetaMask extension and select the network of your choice.
Yes, in January 2022, MetaMask’s better and upgraded version got released. MetaMask Institutional launched a custodian account that can support multiple chains including L2s, sidechains, etc.
Sign up to Metaschool web3 courses to learn the necessary skills to switch to a fantastic blockchain career.
* data taken from web3.career
Your fun, free and trusted resource to become a Web3 Developer.